AECP- Seasonal Scene -Project

This card came together really quickly because I had pre-made a bunch of galaxy backgrounds before hand. I added the steps down below. 

I wanted to create a galaxy background so I started off with Bristol card stock cut to 5¼ x 4  and distress oxides. I played around with different color combinations and stuck with the following as I really liked how it turned out. I used Squeezed lemonade, cracked pistachio, warn lipstick, peacock feather , wilted violet and black soot. 

 

I had no real rhyme or reason for the way I added the color, I just took my tool and started adding the different colors until I was happy with the outcome.

Once I had it the way I liked it, I pulled out the stars and moon stencil from a Hero Arts card kit and my black soot distress oxide. I inked up the stencil, spritzed it with water and pressed it onto the ink panel I had just created.  I placed a paper towel over it and pressed firmly onto if for about a minute to make sure all the ink transferred. (sadly the stencil isn't sold separately so I linked to a stencil that was similar) 

   

Once the panel was completely dry, I pulled out my Finetec water color paints, Copic opaque ink , clear acrylic block and a paint brush. I used these to splatter the white and gold all over the panel to add some shine and dimension.  I realized now that I did this a bit backwards as the next step I used the black soot to go over most of the panel to finish off the galaxy look. This covered up some of the white and gold splatter but still looked really good. 

‚Äč

For the main image which was the Seattle city scape, Sketchy cities stamp by Altenew. I stamped it with stazon opaque white ink on to heat resistant acetate, I used this because I thought I might heat emboss it at one point. ( In the picture above I added the background so you could see the stamping)  

 

So I knew i wanted to make a shaker when I started this card, once I had stamped the image on acetate I felt it needed something behind to make the white ink pop just a little bit more so I stamped the scene again, this time on black card stock using antique linen distress oxide. I then fussy cut it out so it would just fit behind the scene on the acetate.  

From there I die cut some three frames, two out of thick card stock and the last out of the gold glitter paper. I sandwiched the acetate between the layers  of the frame. I added the galaxy background flat to the card base which was a bit bigger than a standard A2 card.  I put two layers of foam tape around the frame and under the back portion of the city scape, this way the sequins would not go to the very bottom of the card. Once that was ready I  added a whole wack of different sequin mixes to the middle of the card base, glued some stars flat on to the night sky and covered it with the acetate and frame. 

I die cut a black banner and heat embossed the sentiment which was from the same set. 

I don't know about you but I sure wish night skies looked like this with all the glitz and sparkle. 

I thank you for taking the time to check out my little spot and hope that I have inspired you. 

Please feel free to send me some feed back I would love to hear what you thought. 

Have a great weekend !

 

Write a comment

Note: HTML is not translated!