AECP-Level 1Final Project: Encouragment Card

This card came together really quickly once the idea finally came, it hit me while I was lying in bed. Does that ever happen to you, sitting with all your stuff and your blank then you go and try to sleep and then bam and idea strikes at like 1 AM Lol.  

I started by embossing some neehna solar white cardstock using the Tim Holtz Botanica 3D embossing folder and going over it with enchanted gold gilding polish to bring out the texture and dimension while adding some sparkle.    

I then ran the peony dream dies through my gemini jr numerous times with different shades of purple cardstock as well as some black for the center pieces of the flower.  I also took different shades of green and die cut some greenery to add to the card. 

 Once I had enough layers of every color, I created an assembly line and adhered them all together using a fine tip applicator on my tonic adhesive

I proceeded to cut down some gold cardstock to 5 3/8  x 4¼   To salvage as much as I could of the expensive glitter card stock I cut the the oval  frame from the middle of the same piece of glitter cardstock.I  did not have actual oval frames so I used my nesting ovals to  create the frame, I accomplished this by taping two of the ovals together and running it through my gemini jr first with the glitter cardstock, then with vellum, and heavy weight cardstock to make the layers I used to stack it up and give it some dimension

 Once I had the frame cut I arranged the flowers and leaves how I wanted them and used some press ‘n seal wrap to hold it all into place, This was a such a life savor and made adhering everything down so much quicker and simpler as I did not have to try and remember how I had it all laid out before . 

I used the vellum oval negative die cut to stamp and emboss the sentiment and then inlayed it back into place of the framed oval.  Once all the parts of the card were complete it was time to put it all together. I adhered the textured panel flat onto the glitter cardstock and then popped that up on to the base of the card with fun foam.  As for the frame and the flowers, when I had it all stuck onto the press and seal I took the time to glue all the flowers and bits to the frame, now all I had to do was add some strong glue onto the back of the frame and some foam in little areas of the flower and pop it onto the card.

For a finishing touch I used my tonic aqua brush and coated parts of the peonies with it. The pictures do not do it justice as it does not pick up the glitter all that well but trust me its very sparkly;

 I really used a lot of what I learned from the easy die cutting, let it shine and clean and simple boutique card classes to  create his beautiful card.

I also linked to my other cards that I created using the peony’s die set from Altenew. (link https://goo.gl/xMtb2N) but different at the same time lol

I hope you got inspired to check out some of the classes and products that Altenew has to offer as there is something for everyone. 

I have linked to everything I used below. 

Write a comment

Note: HTML is not translated!