Cards in Envy - Twinkle Tinkle little star

So these  adorable cards all took shape because I was showing my mom how to use the Alcohol inks and I had seen someone create some really fantastic galaxy backgrounds with the inks  that I really wanted to try out.  I also happened to have a stamp set from Lawn fawn in my stash that has been just waiting ever so patiently to be used ( the upon a star set) which just worked so well with this theme.

    

I started off with a whole bunch of Alcohol inks, the colors being  amethyst, indigo, crimson , dandelion and mermaid and my white yupo. I added the colors with no real rhyme or reason to the yupo, I added some rubbing alcohol and used a straw to move around the ink, I did this process about three times which you can see from the pictures above. I also used my brush form the tool kit and dipped it in the alcohol (rubbing) and splattered it on to the panels this added some extra dimension and interest. 

  

When the panels were dry and non sticky I ran them through my die cutting machine with the lawn fawn stitched star dies, while i was at it I die cut numerous layers of the star from black card stock as well as gold. I ended up layering the frames together adding the gold on top.  Once I had my galaxy panels die cut I decided to splatter them with Copic white opaque pigment and Fintec gold, which really made the galaxy come together .

      

I set the stars aside and stamped out my cute little fox and bunny images from the Upon a Star stamp set using Jet black ink from Altenew.  I went in with my copic markers to color the images.. Man it has been a long time since I colored with them..    I tried a few different combinations for the fox and the bunnies but only wrote a couple to the colors used .. (So sorry for that ) For the brown bunnies I used E11, 15,25, 57 and for the fox I used YR4 Y38 E11 and a few others. 

                                                                                          

(Please excuse the messy desk.. they said the media matt would help keep the “stuff” off your work space.. haha nope the mess still finds its way all round me Lol)

 Now that all my elements were completed it was time to assemble the card . The card base is 5½ x 4¼, I cut down some of the gold mirror card stock to just slightly smaller than the base. I die cut the snowy background from  lawn fawn,  using 110 lb cardstock as I wanted it to hold up. I die cut some black card stock using the lawn Fawn stitched hill side borders, this made the perfect little anchor for the animals.  I stamped on the sentiment to the middle of the star using my misti tool and Vera mark, then heat embossed it using white powder.  

I adhered the gold flat to the black base, foam taped the background panel up on to the gold giving it some cool dimension. From there I added the star frame which had been layered together several times. I popped in the galaxy background back into the center of the star using some strong adhesive to make sure it didn't move.  Finally I popped up the black hill as well as the cute critters , which I happened to fussy cut out due to not having the coordinating dies.  For a finishing touch I added specturn noir glitter to the hill. 

 

 

Thank  you for stopping by I hope you enjoyed the process.

Please leave me a comment and let me know what you thought Id love to hear from you. 

I cant wait to see what you create with this fun theme, so head on over to Cards in Envy and play a long with us. 

Have a beautiful week. 

 

Write a comment

Note: HTML is not translated!