Cards In Envy- No Pattern Paper
This card was a while in the making as I had the idea floating in the back of my mind since I purchased the Space Explorer set from My Favorite Things last year. I had initially stamped the little guys out to practice my water color painting with distress ink. Now I was able to finally put them to good use.
I wanted to create a galaxy background so I started off with Bristol card stock cut to 5¼ x 4 and distress oxides. I played around with different color combinations and stuck with the following as I really liked how it turned out. I used Squeezed lemonade, cracked pistachio, warn lipstick, peacock feather , wilted violet and black soot.
I had to real rhyme or reason for the way I added the color, I just took my tool and started adding the different colors until I was happy with the outcome.
Once I had it the way I liked it, I pulled out the stars and moon stencil from a Hero Arts card kit and my black soot distress oxide. I inked up the stencil, spritzed it with water and pressed it onto the ink panel I had just created. I placed a paper towel over it and pressed firmly onto if for about a minute to make sure all the ink transferred. (sadly the stencil isn't sold separately so I linked to a stencil that was similar)
Once the panel was completely dry, I pulled out my Finetec water color paints, Copic opaque ink , clear acrylic block and a paint brush. I used these to splatter the white and gold all over the panel to add some shine and dimension. I realized now that I did this a bit backwards as the next step I used the black soot to go over most of the panel to finish off the galaxy look. This covered up some of the white and gold splatter but still looked really good.
I pulled out the Stars die from My Favorite Things and ran in through my side kick four times using heavy weight black card stock and some stick it adhesive on the back. I also die cut the stitched stars frames from Lawn fawn, I had to pull out my big shot for this. I die cut 8 frames so I could layer them together for each of the cards I created. I also die cut some accent stars from gold shimmer paper
Once they were all die cut out I painted two of the stars die wit the same Finetec gold paint that I splattered on the background. It took a couple of coats to get a good coverage because the black kept showing thought.
I created my card bases from heavy weight black cardstock, the first card measuring 5½ by 4¼ and the shaker card measured 5¾ x4¼ I layered the galaxy background on to gold shimmer paper to make the background pop with out using foam tape. I also die cut the center of the glitter cardstock out do i could save as much of it as I could as this stuff ain't cheep.
I had previously stamped and colored the little space boys using distress ink and water color paper, as mentioned previously, unfortunately I did not remember to write the colors down. I fussy cut the images out.
I decided to make one of these cards a shaker as it just screamed to me to fill it with glitter, sequins and shinny things. So the I added acetate to the star frame and then layered it with three more frames which squished the acetate in between the layers. I adhered all the layers of the card down to the base and then laid it flat so I could put all the sequins in the center of where the star would be, I added foam strips to the star and placed it down to the card.
From there I stamped out the sentiment on a banner strip from my stash. I adhered the stars sentiment on to the stitched star frame and popped up the little space explorer with foam tape on the card below and with a with an action wobbler for the shaker card above. For both of the cards I ended up going over the star frame with the Tonic Aqua glitter brush because you know you can never have to much sparkle. Lol
I absolutely love how these cards turned out, even better then I envisioned.
So come on over to Cards in Envy and show us your creations
I hope you enjoyed the card and found inspiration. Would love to hear from you so please leave a comment