Scrap'n Stamps Blog Hop, Christmas in July

So grab your cup of coffee/tea or drink of choice and get into a little early Chirstmas spirit by hopping along with all of us for Scrap’n Stamp Canada. I have linked to all the lovely ladies below if you did not start at the beginning of the blog hop. As well I have linked to all the products I used to create this card. 

                                     Tara <--Start point of the hop

                            Nancy <--You are here 


So I appolgoize now if this is a bit long winded but there was a lot of steps in creating this fun interactive card.  

The first thing I did was actually die cut out the reveal wheel on some scrap paper so I could get a feel of spacing and have a quick templet to reference. I ran through my Gemini Jr, which omg I am just loving now.  

I pulled out some Canson water colour paper and my Green Parade Nuvo shimmer and sprinkled it all over the paper, spritzed till the colour was moving around.  I dabbed of the excess.

As I was looking at it I decided I wanted to add a little dimesion to this panel as I knew this would be the main part of the reveal wheel.  I added the Festive stencil from Tim Holtz and repeated the process with the shimmer powder.  I then let the whole panel sit and dry with the stencil on to see if I could get a good impression (this worked out nicely).

As I was letting that dry I started to stamp out all my images for the card using the Frosty Fairies set using jet black ink.  Once I had all the images I wanted stamped in it was time to start colouring.  I used the Catherine Wheel Red Nuvo shimmer to paint in the little fairies dresses and ear muffs as well as the mushrooms (which I never ended up using).  From there I pulled out my Copic markers to finish off the rest of the fairies as well as the little house. 


After they were coloured to my liking, I decided not to use the coordinating dies but to fussy cut insted as I wanted a really close cut.

From there I went back to my inked up panel to see if it was dry.  Sure enough it was good to go and I have to say I really liked how the stenciling turned out.  I trimmed the paper down so it would fit through the die cutting machine and ran it through with the reveal wheel die set.  While I had my die out and my machine going I did a few more layers of the reveal wheel using Neehna white card stock.

I then ran that through again but with my stitched hill die.  I did this so I would have the perfect match to the base layer which would make assembling it nice and clean looking with no further trimming.


I decided to go back after and die cut another wheel for the card, but out of water color paper.  I then covered that with the red shimmer powder, sprayed and set aside to dry.

(One tip, make sure you clean up all the powder as it gets everywhere!  Even comes off from the panel a bit - I messed up a few imagies because of this)

Now that everything was dry, I took my  die cut wheel and scraps of the card stock I had previously done with the green shimmer powder, I went on to do the stamping  I used a mix of stamps for this,  I choose  few sentiments from the actual reveal wheel stamp set, as well as Ready Set Snow.

  For the die cut wheel I just stamped in versafine black onyx ink, but for the green I decided to heat emboss with white so it would pop. 

I also stamped out and heat embossed some trees that I would fussy cut out and add on as well. 

 I love how Lawn Fawn sets can all work together so nicely.


I was just about to assemble everything whe I decided I couldn’t leave the main panel alone.  I wantd to add some more dimesion and interest, to make it look like there was snow.  So first I found a snowflake stencil from my stash and used some glue and seal  because I was out of translucent embossing paste) and some glitter and went over the whole panel.

 Well I liked that but it needed a bit more to pop, so I pulled out my Picket Fence re-inker, poured some on an acrylic block, added a little water and took my paint brush and started to splatter it. It looked good while it was wet but dried back a little too light so I did the same process with my Copic opauqe white ink and finally I was happy.  Lol

 Now it was time to assemble. 

For the finshed card I mounted the reveal wheel on some pattern paper from an old Lawn Fawn collection and then when back in with some glitter and white flower fluff  I believe it is called and added that to the hill, roof and to the little fairies dresses, scarf ect.  It all fits nicely on a standard A2 card.  

I have to say for my first attempt at this reveal wheel I am extreamly happy with how it turned out.

I truly hope you enjoyed the process and found some inspiration.

 Please remeber to leave a comment to be enetered into win a Christmas embelishment package. 

Have a beautiful weekend everyone, and thanks again for hopping along with us!



Write a comment

Note: HTML is not translated!