Paper Rose Studio : Hello Sunshine
In previous post I shared some distress oxide backgrounds I had created, as I was inspired by Kristina Werners Color combinations she had been show casing the last little while on her blog and Youtube.
I created two cards with slightly different color combinations and featuring the Paper Rose Hello Stamp and die set. I love this set as it has the shadow and the word so it really packs a punch on your card or project.
For the first card I used Dried Marigold, scattered straw and tattered rose distress oxide. For the second card I swapped out scattered straw for abandon coral.
I really love these colors and will be using them again and again.
To start the card I cut down some bristol cardstock to 5½ x 4¼ just to start off. I applied the colour on to the panel with my blending tool, I started with the lightest colour and worked my way down. I would go back and forth to make sure I got a good blend between the colours. Bristol card stock is the best for this as it just seems to go on like butter.
Once the ink was dry I went over the panel with some glitter paste and a mandella stencil, I applied the paste on with a pallet knife and made sure to quickly clean up after as the glitter paste is even more challenging to clean off then regular texture paste.
EKE soo pretty and glittery.
I set the card panels aside and went on to die cut and heat emboss the sentiments. I choose to die cut the Hello in copper metallic cardstock as it played of the distress panels really nicely. I then die cut the shadow portion using the obvious choice of black and I am glad I did as it Popped really nicely on the panel.
For the second portion of the sentiment I went on and die cut out some banners also using black and then heat embossing the Sunshine sentiment from the Hello Stamp set. I thought this worked as the mandella looks a lot like a fancy sun :)
I created standard A2 which is 5½ x 4¼ I decided I wanted to change up the orientation of the cards just a bit as they were simple cards.
I cut down some copper cardstock to 5¼ x 4 and the distressed panels were cut down to 5 1/8 x 3 7/8.
I mounted the vertical card on to the base using foam tape, as for the horizontal version I kept that simple and flat.
I added a little extra distress ink to each of the panels, the horizontal one I added aged mahogany lightly over the glittered mandela. With the vertical I added black soot around the edges and also squirted some water on to it added some extra interest and blending some of the colour together.
Finally I adhered the sentiment to the shadow portion and popped it up on the panel.
I really like how this turned out.
Hope you were able to find some inspiration in here
Have a Fantastic Weekend!