Getting Fab with Foil- Scrap'N Stamp Blog Hop

I am honored to be part of another fantastic and fun blog hop with some incredible designers. So please grab you drink of choice and hop a long with us and disvover some fun uses for  the Ranger foil.

 Frist on the hop is Tara Nixon Cox

Julia Chupik

  Amber Trubiak 

        Karla Yungwirth

                             Nancy Frustaci <---You are here

                  Karen Warner- -Next stop

 

Oh the fun you can have with all things Ranger, I loved that we were were going to be show casing the foils and I just happened to have some ideas rolling around in my head, some of which involved using some backgrounds I created using the Alcohol inks , Sticky embossing poweder and some new stamps and dies I purchased through Scrap’n Stamp Canada, they all just screamed at me to be used together. 

I started off creating the backgrounds for the cards, at this point I was really just playing and seeing what came together. 

‚Äč

I loved how all the backgrounds turned out but  I decided to foucs my cards around the red, gold and pink as they matched the vision I had for my Valentines cards.

I used Red pepper, Sunsihine yellow, flamingo and gold mixative for the first set of cards. I just kept adding the colors and  blending solution to the paper. Before the ink set in I used a straw to blow around the alcohol ink to create a look I was happy with. 

For the third card I used Red pepper, Rasberry, Flamingo and sunshine yellow. 


Once the panels were done It was time to create some cards. I started with the red and gold background, then cut down the yupo paper from 5x7 to 5 x3½ which gave me two panels to work with. From there I took the sentiment stamp from My Favorite things and poped it into my misti. I prepared the paper with the my anti static tool and placed it in the misti. I inked up the stamp with versa mark and stamed it onto the youpo. I then added the sticky embossing powder and heat set it making sure not to over heat it. Now it was time to add the gold foil. I placed it over the heat embossed sentiment (Shiny side up) and then rubbed the over it with my fingers and then bone folder to help make sure that the foil was sticking to where I wanted it. You will know when its done as the foil will move away from the embossed area.

The card is a standard A2 

I kept the rest of the card fairly simple as the background and sentiment where the focal point of the card. I die cut sentiment panel one more time using the wonky stitched die from Mft, which both panels messuares 4 3/8 x  3 1/8  I layered one of the panels on to some gold glitter cardstock and the other on to white glitter cardstock, each a quarter of an inch bigger than the main panel.  I adhered the two panels together and they layered that on to a  black scallop die cut as well just for a little extra something and poped that up on to a red card base and a white card base.  

To finish these cards off I foiled some die cut hears using my quick stick pen and the matching gold foils used for the sentiments. 

 

 

For the third card is an A6 card which I did end up trimming down a quarter of an inch.

I did something a little different, I had purchased the love you die by Mft and so I wanted to try it out. I started by die cuting it out from black card stock and then from the pink and red alcohol ink background. 

Once I die cut the words from the card stock, I kept the letters in place as it helped me to foil it. I took my zig two way glue pen and covered the letters with the glue. I didnt do it perfectly on purpose I wanted the black to show through 

Then I repeated the process as before by adding the foil over top the glued letters and rubbed it till the foil released. Then it was on to creating the rest of the card,

I played around with this for a bit figuring out how I was going to put it all together. I decided I would turn the O’s of the I love you in to mini shakers.

So I added acetate to the back of the die cut words and then using my Darice thin strips of foam to go around the O’s to make my little shaker pouch. This got a bit frustrating as its such a tiny space. I also put foam tape around the rest of the panel .  I used the anti-static tool to take away the stick around the foam. Once that was done I added my little mini iridescent hearts and stars from Martha Stewart, and then covered up the back of the panel . I have to say I love how the little shaker portion turned out. ( Sadly pictures do not do it justice)

I then added the panel on to some pink glitter card stock and then followed suit and added it to a black scalloped die cut panel which messured 4¼ x 5½ and again popped that up on to a white card base adding it a little scewed for intrest.

 

All products used are linked below. 

 

Thank you for taking time to hop along with us. Remeber to leave a comment for your chance to win a pack of Ranger foils.

Have a wonderful day

 

 

Write a comment

Note: HTML is not translated!