Yellow and Black Challenge, Cards In Envy

For my yellow and black design I ended up doing three cards,

this really was a happy accident. Before these came about I had a major dose of creative block due to a few circumstances and the energy that's going on right now. 

I pulled out the new Alcohol Lift ink and some of the backgrounds I had created previously( all of which i have been hording for a long white, too afraid to cut into them, because I can never get the same look twice) and picked out some stamps I thought would  look nice with this background. 

The colors of Alcohol ink I used for the backgrounds consisted of Dandelion, sunshine, butterscotch and gold mixative. Of course adding in the blending solution and rubbing alcohol, blowing with the straw until I was happy with the final result. I created two panels like this. 

(So i got lost in the creative process and forgot to take more step by step photos, I apologize. )

With the first panel I stamped the butterflies ;which was and older cling stamp from Memory box, and stamped with archival black ink. I filled as much of the panels as I could with out making it over the top. With this one panel I was able to create the two cards below. I did this by cutting down the 5x 7 panel to 4¼ x 5 which left me with two remaining strips one of which I created the Happiness card from. 

For the card on the left I kept it simple, I heat embossed a beautiful sentiment on to heavy weight vellum and die cut it using scalloped frame dies. I popped up the background directly onto the black card base which was your standard side folding A2. I used the Simon Says Frames die to create that simple thing black frame that helped me hid some of the adhesive used to put it on to the panel. 

For the card on the right I when a little more elaborate with it. I used a butterfly embossing folder to create some dimension, when over it with some squeezed lemonade and mustard seed distress oxides, layered the panel on to some yellow bazzil paper and popped that up using 3M foam tape. I once again heat embossed the sentiment on to vellum. I trimmed it down to fit how I liked.  I layered that little strip of alcohol background onto some white and added it onto the card.  For finishing touches I added some sequins from different companies to find the right mix of colors.  


Lastly for the sympathy card I used that second panel I had created and used the alcohol lift ink with that same butterfly stamp, I when directly from the background to the white card panel.

I continued doing that all over the inked background but did not have great results, so I when back over with black archival ink. (Not shown here) But i did like how the yellow lifted butterflies looked so I decided to create a simple card with it.

Layering it on top of some yellow card stock and mounting in on to a black base.  I stamped the sentiment using a My Favorite things set called Deepest sympathy. 


In the end I really loved how all these cards came together, (It was a mad rush to be honest)  but they all pack a punch in there own way. 

 I do hope you found some inspiration and would love to hear what you think.  Sorry for the lack of instructions here but they were just clean and simple cards this time. 

please head on over to Cards in Envy and play along with us. 

Have a Wonderful Week.!






Write a comment

Note: HTML is not translated!