Cards In Envy Challenge: Something Spooky

For my ‘Something Spooky” card  I started out by stamping out some of these cute images from the Ghostly greeting set, on to some neehna solar white card stock using Memento Tuxedo black ink as it is copic marker safe. I pulled out a variety of copics and went to town coloring 

This stamp was in the limited addition Halloween kit from Simon Say stamps last year and cannot be found but I did link to something similar . Would you believe this is the first time I inked up this set since I got it.

Once I was done coloring I needed to figure out how I was going to create my card. I started digging around in my supplies and premade backgrounds and came across a distressed ink panel that fit the bill. I decided to add a little more interest with some black soot distress ink and creepy style tree stencil that also came in the card kit. 

From there I new I wanted to create a full on Halloween scene.

I pulled out more of the contents of that card kit, i.e. stickers and patterned paper which I was able to link to bellow.  I added some enchanted gold gilding polish with my finger in a circular motion to make it look like a big moon.

 I proceeded to work on the scene by taking  my lawn fawn stitched hill dies and running them through my Gemini jr with some green pattern paper from the  6x6 doodlebug Oct 31 collection. I distressed the edges with distress oxide ink. 

I fussy cut out the cute little trick or treaters and edged them with black memento ink also. Form there it was time to build the card.  I created a bigger base as I wanted more room for all three tricker treaters. The base is  created by  using  Bazzill textured black card stock which I cut down to 5 x 6¼, for the laying piece I  cut down some 12 x 12 doodlebug paper (from the same Oct 31 collection) to 4 7/8 x 6 1/8. Lastly I wanted to layer the distress background on to some purple cardstock just for some pop, it measures 41/8  x5¼.  

I adhered all the layers down  with some strong adhesive, then I layered on the hills with some foam tape, used some of the puffy stickers that came in the kits too add the house and bat, and finally the spooky tree which was from a doodle bug sticker sheet, to give it some dimension. I added foam tape so it would sit well with the hills. I adhered the little trick or treaters two flat and one popped up with foam tape. 

The card came together pretty easily and I really am very happy with how it turned out, I am not usually one to make very many Halloween cards but this was fun and probably will do more. 




I hope you found some inspiration and enjoyed the process. 

Everyone at the Cards In Envy Blog look forward to see what create for this challenge. 

Have a wonderful week and thanks for stopping by




Write a comment

Note: HTML is not translated!