Paper Rose- Distress Floral Cards
I started out my cards by creating these backgrounds using the distressed mesh stencil, distress oxide spray, and stain. I made several of these backgrounds at one time which I used for a few other cards.
I cut down some watercolor card stock to 5½ x 4¼ and then pulled out the stencil from paper rose. I started out with the squeezed lemonade distress oxide and then went back over a few of the panels using Wild Honey distress stain to add a little extra depth.
This is my first go-around using the distress oxide sprays, and I am pretty happy with the way the panels turned out. I really want to get a few other colors and play around some more.
I set the panels aside to dry and moved on to all the die-cutting.
At this point I was not exactly sure where I was going with everything, the only thing I was really sure about was the products that spoke to me. I started out by die cutting the Blossoms branch and Baby blue outline die, ran in through my Gemini Jr several times using heavyweight cardstock, metallic cardstock and Stick it adhesive – for these dies I highly recommend using it. I decided to use the A6 (4 1/8 x 5 7/8) dies for my cards as I had them in my stash and had yet to use them.
I ran the black and white pattern paper; which by the way I am totally obsessed with and will have to order more for my stash as it’s just fantastic, through my die cutting machine using the 3¾ x 5½ die.
There is so many things to like about it, from the weight to the texture and even the size of the paper, I was able to get two die cuts from one shit. Yay for that because it was hard to cut into, to begin with, haha. yes, I am one of those crafters that tend to hoard the beautiful paper haha. What is something you hoard, I.e pretty paper, embellishments, etc
I used the largest of the rectangle dies to cut out yellow cardstock for the outside of a couple of card fronts as well as for the inside of every card just to add a little extra something. lastly, I die cut the distressed panels out using the smaller of the dies which measured 51/8 x 3 3/8
Finally, after all the die-cutting was done (which was the longest part of these cards, it was time to assemble everything. I started by sticking the branch and blossom down onto the distressed panels and then wrapping some ribbon from my stash around the panel, this really helped to ground the focal images. From there I popped up the main panel onto the pattern paper using fun foam- so much more cost-effective the foam tape all the time and then glued everything to the card bases which measured 4 1/8 x 5 7/8.
Once I had all that completed I hummed and hawed for a little while whether to add a sentiment or not. I did, in fact, have something already stamped out but it just didn’t feel like it fit, so I kept it very clean and simple as you can see.
I have never made cards with out a sentiment, its very awkward for me to look at but I really love how these turned out and will be great for any occasion.
I hope you were inspired by my cards and the wonderful products, please come over to our community page and share your creations using Paper Rose studio products.
Have a wonderful Weekend