Paper Rose Studio- Magical Unicorn pt 2
I kept it fairly clean and simple for these cards as I wanted to use up some of the backgrounds I had previously created and focus on the cute unicorns images and sentiment from Paper Rose Studio.
I have to admit I went a little crazy with the backgrounds, I made about ten in total-not shown here, even changing up the colors a bit to suit my fancy.
For the backgrounds, I started off with white heavyweight cardstock, pulled out a few stencils, some texture paste, glitter, distress oxides and even some embossing folders. You can see here I used the Nuvo shimmer paste on top of the pink backgrounds which consisted of tattered rose, abandon coral and warn lipstick. For the purple, I created my own texture paste with loose glitter and texture paste from Ranger. The purple background used Spun sugar, wilted violet and shaded lilac.
I stamped out my unicorns several times on to bristol cardstock, with permanent ink as I wasn’t sure i would use Copic markers or pencils at this time. In the end, I used my Prisma color pencils and I find myself in a love-hate relationship with these pencils, as they always seem to break and are impossible to sharpen as they continue to break further. But in the end, I really loved how they turned out.
I set the coloring aside so i could figure out my plan for the cards, in the end, I fussy cut the unicorn as I wanted to have a very clean look as well as correct some stamping fumbles hehe. I decided the purple background I created was a little too flat so I ran it through my die cutting machine using a 3d embossing folder, from there I used some cosmic shimmer polish to bring out the hearts further and add a little extra shine and sparkle.
I rummaged through my stash of previously die-cut material and found these black scalloped layers which made the backgrounds pop really nicely. From there I pulled out the Stitched Nesting hearts dies as well as the stitched circle dies from paper rose and ran them through my machine with Neenah white cardstock, I stamped the sentiment onto the using Versa Clair Nocturn ink, I decided to take a blending tool and go around the die cut with the same ink just to help it pop a little more.
I popped up the inked panels on to the black scallop cardstock, which I then adhered flat to the card base. I popped up the sentiment and the unicorn with foam tape just to add a little extra something to the card, For a finishing touch, I found some coordinating sequins in my stash and added them around the sentiment.
These were very simple to create but I feel packs a punch. I hope you found some inspiration and would love to hear from you so please do leave a comment.
Have a wonderful week ahead.