Paper Rose Studio, Be your own kind of Beautiful Shaker Card

On to the cards, I had previously posted a set of cards using the Ella’s garden rose die as a stamp, as well as a stencil and mentioned I would be back with other uses. Well here it is, this time I decided to create shaker cards with the die.   

I had so many backgrounds already made from my previous play session with the oxide sprays that I thought I would utilize them once more. 

I tried different methods of adding the distress oxides, spraying directly on to the paper, doing it from a distance, using an acrylic block adding the color and then pressing down on to the paper, as well as smooshing from my Tim Holtz matt.  I loved how they all turned out, some better than others but hey I am not going to waste any of them lol.

Some times I get carried away making numerous of the same things just with different approaches. I find that it’s nice to just sit and play without having a specific end game. I find I do this a lot when my creative mojo is lacking.

What do you do to get your mojo back.  Is there a technique or product that you just love to use and get carried away with. I would love to know what are some of your favorite go too’s.

While I let all the backgrounds dry I went on to figure out my cards. That process started with die-cutting the border dies several times to create a full panel with the border dies. Once I had that done I trimmed it down then had to figure out how I would attach it to a card. I thought to myself, well this would make such a pretty shaker card, so what do I need for that, a frame and that’s what I did. I created a frame using the Stitched Rectangle dies from Paper Rose as pictured above. I die cut four frames out as I wanted to sandwich the acetate between the two frames for extra stability.

While I had my die cut machine out I ran my Beautiful die and shadow through numerous as I wanted to stack them on top of each other, I die cut the sentiment using black heavy cardstock and velum for the shadow.  

I trimmed down the inked panel to 4 1/8  x 6 7/8 to line up with the frame, I then created a card base which measured 4¾ x 6½. I cut down some acetate to the same dimension as the frame.  I added the die-cut underneath one of the frames using very strong double-sided tape, from there I added the acetate and the second frame, this kept it all together nicely and created a wider space for me to add the foam tape.

 Before I  attached things, I decided to add some foil around the inside edge of the frame which helped to make the roses and bricks stand out so much more.  To add the foil around the frame, along with the sentiments, I used my two-way glue pen and let it dry till it was tack, once it was clear I went in with the foil placed it on it, pressing it gently and removing it.

Once I was happy with the foil it was time to assemble the shaker, I added foam tape all around the frame, used my anti-static powder to remove any of the stickiness from the exposed tape and added a little bit of glue to the inked panel before adding my sequins on top and placing the frame on top. I finished off with the sentiments, the stamped portion was created using the Beautiful sentiment stamp set.



Thanks for stopping by and please share any input you may have, always enjoy your comments.

Have a Great Weekend!








Write a comment

Note: HTML is not translated!